Monday, October 17, 2011

2008 Web 2.0 Awards

This is the third installment of the Web 2.0 Awards. (I have the list on my blog)
It is a short list of over 300 sites in 41 categories for web 2.0 sites both new and old. The original awards were 2006 but the information and links are up to date.

I found the list really interesting since working on 23 things. All those undiscovered sites and technologies and how much time can slip by while immersed in 'endless' information. After surfing around del.icio.us for 23 things I am not surprised it was 1st in Bookmarking. Questions and Adivise category led me to FixYa, a site I wasn't previously aware of and now use. I was surprised that Twitter beat Facebook in the Social Networking Mainstays category.

I know we are all dyed in the wool bookreaders but at heart we are also information gatherers. How can we not get carried away by e-technology and the world it opens up? I can't wait to see the direction Libraries will take in the future.

The link takes you to Jane Copland's site by Seomoz that compiled the awards and has interesting comments to follow.
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/seomozs-2008-web-20-awards-the-results

No comments:

Post a Comment